vrijdag 29 augustus 2014

I SAW YOU SMILING



Smiling at the doorstep
twinkling eyes, a sigh
I can’t remember when I saw
you smiling, don’t know why.
Distance released your sadness
time made your laugh come through
all was written in the stars
but no one ever knew.

My doubts, my fears, my anger
were not supposed to be
but dear, oh dear, I wondered
so many times I wondered
if you came home to me.

I felt your restless body
your stormy thoughts amount
but spoken words just hurt you
confirmed the thoughts you went through
love couldn’t be pronounced.

Smiling at the doorstep
twinkling eyes, a sigh
I can’t remember when I saw
you smiling so closeby
just smiling so closeby.

Your doubts, your fears, your anger
they put a spell on me
I wondered, oh I wondered
how I could blow those hundred
or thousand things you concurred
away, to set you free.

You drowned a boundless freedom
no recognizing sign
between what’s good or bad
I couldn’t have it said
those words were only mine.

But smiling at the doorstep
your twinkling eyes, a sigh
I won’t remember our past
only today relights.
Distance released our sadness
time made a better place
all was written in the stars
and we enjoy our space.
  
© JELOU



1 opmerking: